It’s the third year of these prizes and now the eBay 2018 SHINE awards are upon us again. You can read more here and check out the video below. The idea of the awards is to highlight and recognise the role sellers play in powering the eBay marketplace.
Up for grabs are $10,000, also a VIP trip to eBay’s Open seller celebration and a 1-year Anchor Store subscription among other goodies.
Our Seller Community is the heart of everything we do. You drive our identity and purpose, and without you, we don’t succeed. To celebrate the lifeblood of eBay, and recognize National Small Business Week, we’re launching the SHINE Awards for Small Business for the third year in a row. The awards are eBay’s opportunity to shine a light on our vibrant community of sellers. Sellers are the essence of who we are, and my favorite part of the year is celebrating their personal stories.
– Bob Kupbens, VP of B2C Selling and Global Trust
The various awards are:
● Global Business: A small business owner who sells a portion of their inventory on eBay internationally.
● Minority or Woman-Owned: A female small business owner or small business owner from a racial or ethnic minority group: American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian American, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
● Everyday Hero: A small business or organization owner who drives a positive impact in their community or leverages the eBay for Charity program.
● Young Entrepreneur: A person between the ages of 18-35 who owns or has a major role in the business operations of a small business selling on eBay.
● Click-and-Mortar Business Owner: A small business owner who sells both on eBay and from a physical retail location.
As it stands the eBay 2018 SHINE awards are only open to eBay sellers based in the United States. The official landing page is here.