eBay have made changes to the requirements for products delivered by eBay Click and Collect which may mean that you need to double check which listings are eligible. When Click and Collect first launched the weight limit was 20kg but it’s now 15kg although that should still include most products sold on eBay.
There are also dimension changes and a reminder of packaging requirements for items delivered by eBay Click and Collect. As well as weighing no more than 15kg, no one side of the parcel can exceed 90cm with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres (including packaging). Any items that are too large or exceed the weight limit will be rejected on arrival at the Click & Collect location, and may be disposed of, without reimbursement. Package sizes used to be maximum length of 120cm and maximum length of the second longest side 76cm.
If you need to take drastic action as the majority of your items now don’t qualify for eBay Click and Collect, then you can opt out entirely.
eBay’s Click and Collect Eligibility
- Your item must weigh less than 15kg. No one side of the parcel can exceed 90cm with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres (including packaging). Any items that are too large or exceed the weight limit will be rejected on arrival at the Click & Collect location, and may be disposed of, without reimbursement.
- Your item must not be listed in an Excluded Category.
- Your item must have a starting price of at least £5.
- Your item value must not exceed £1,000.
- Your item must not be an Excluded Good.
- Your item must be purchased using PayPal as the payment method.
- Your listing has a fixed price or auction format.
eBay Click and Collect Package requirements
- You shall ensure that the item is packaged adequately and dispatch the order as if it was a home delivery.
- You shall ensure that the item and packaging does not exceed the requirements set out above.
- You shall ensure that the second line of the address label includes the legible 8-digit unique identifier code provided (“UID”) so that the Click & Collect location can scan and identify your parcel on receipt and notify your buyer. If the UID is not included in the address and the Click & Collect location cannot identify your parcel, you authorise us to dispose of your item and acknowledge that you may not be reimbursed.
- If you have an unreasonable amount of parcels arriving at Click & Collect locations without legible UIDs, eBay may choose to no longer display the Click & Collect delivery option on your eligible listings, either temporarily or permanently.
eBay Click and Collect Returns
- If the buyer fails to collect the goods within 7 working days of being notified that it is ready for collection the contract between you and the buyer shall be treated as cancelled by the buyer.
- The item will be returned to you by Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service provided the item has been delivered with a legible UID.
- Once you have received the returned item, you shall refund the buyer within 6 days.
- The Buyer will not normally be able to return items to a Click & Collect location and will be directed to use the standard returns process on eBay.co.uk. In exceptional circumstances and for the sake of customer good will, returns may be accepted in-store at the Click & Collect location’s discretion. In these exceptional circumstances, the item will be returned to you by Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service, and you will be required to refund the buyer within 6 days of receiving the item.
- Your normal returns policy will apply to items that are eligible for Click & Collect.