Last week eBay announced that they are teaming up with UPS® to offer US sellers more shipping options on eBay’s global marketplace. All US sellers will be able to use UPS as an integrated shipping option by the end of September.
“We’re always looking for new ways to ensure our sellers have the tools they need to successfully run their businesses on eBay. Customers want and expect to receive their packages in the fastest and most reliable way possible, which is why our collaboration with UPS comes at such a critical moment. eBay is proud to deliver sellers more choice and flexibility when it comes to their shipping, which also benefits our buyers.”
– Marni Levine, Vice President, Seller Operations and Engagement
UPS will be added to eBay Labels, available in both desktop and mobile, saving sellers time and money, bringing together their order details, customer information, label printing, and shipment tracking — all in one place.
The eBay and UPS partnership will provide a number of new features for selling and shipping on eBay, including:
- Seller Savings: Discounts of up to 48%* off UPS® Ground shipments and up to 62%* on daily rates for UPS 2nd Day Air® service, including various waived or discounted surcharges. When printing UPS labels through eBay, savings are automatic—no need to sign up.
- More Convenience: More than 85,000 drop off locations, including designated nearby UPS Access Point® locations like The UPS Store®, Michaels, CVS, and local independent retailers, or UPS® Drop Boxes for 24/7 availability. Find a convenient UPS drop off point to ship and collect your packages here.
- Flexible and reliable shipping options to support sellers in offering their customers the service best suited for their needs – whether that’s overnight or ground. And, the option to ship six days a week — including Saturdays**.
- Additional Tools: Improved customer satisfaction to put buyers’ minds at ease with automated shipping updates, tracking information and delivery alerts.