OnBuy can lay claim to to be the world’s fastest-growing marketplace and with their announcement of a marketing campaign for Q4, we asked them to set out how to sell on OnBuy so that you can get up and running and selling as quickly as possible:
How to sell on OnBuy
OnBuy is the fastest-growing marketplace in the world and the next smart step to expanding your business. Known as the marketplace for sellers, we make it easy for online retailers to sign up, get started and benefit from a huge opportunity to gain incremental revenue growth.
After our successful Series A funding round along with our incredible 24,000% growth in just 4 years, we’re set to launch into over 140 countries by 2023, starting with 40 initial sites in 2020, putting our sellers’ products in front of a global audience and opening up new opportunities for retailers worldwide.
Add to that our most wide-scale £5m Q4 marketing campaign yet, including an exclusive £1m deal with ITV that’ll put OnBuy in front of over 44 million people across the nation, there’s no better time to sign up and expand your reach with OnBuy.
Why sell with OnBuy?
Thanks to our fair and transparent approach, you’ll never have to worry about us competing with you or using your sales data against you. We’re a true marketplace and we intend to stay one! This means we’ll never sell our own products and compete against you – our focus will always remain on growing your sales.
Between our low selling fees, effective product marketing and superb seller support (plus a wealth of additional benefits), it’s no wonder we have hundreds of online retailers signing up each month. Take a look below at just some of the reasons why sellers love OnBuy.
- Competitive selling fees
With fees of 5-9%, you can price lower to attract more buyers without losing profit.
- Get paid immediately
As soon as your item is dispatched, our payment processor PayPal will instantly release the funds into your account.
- Risk-free selling
If you make less than £500 in a month, we’ll waive next month’s Standard subscription fee through our Sales Guarantee.
- PayPal Seller Protection
Sell with confidence and additional security courtesy of our partnership with PayPal on eligible orders.
- We don’t compete with sellers
As a true marketplace, we sell your products (not our own), so we will never sell alongside you and use your sales data to boost our sales – our focus is on helping you grow your business instead!
- Dedicated UK-based seller support team
Signing up and getting started is easy thanks to our brilliant team who get back to applications by the next working day – and we’ll continue to support you through your journey with OnBuy!
How to start selling with OnBuy
Selling with OnBuy is quick, easy and designed to work with your business. In just four simple steps, you can be up and running, reaching new customers across the UK – and soon the world!
We understand how busy sellers are, so we’ve made the process as seamless as possible to allow you to get set up with ease.
Start by filling out our easy application form to register your interest. Our fantastic Onboarding team will be in touch by the next working day.
Once you’re set up, you can start listing your products. We have three ways to do this: create products manually, use our handy templates, or opt for a channel integration.
Now it’s time to start selling! Our team are here to promote your products to help you reach millions of customers.
As the only marketplace in the UK to offer sellers immediate payment, your funds will be released by our payment processor PayPal as soon as your item is dispatched!
Now that you know just how easy it is to get started, let’s delve a little more into listing your products on OnBuy.
How to list your products on OnBuy
Having worked with numerous online retailers of all sizes since our launch in 2016, we know that every business operates differently. That’s why we wanted to give our sellers more choice when it comes to listing products in our catalogue.
Whether you’ll be mapping onto existing products or creating new ones, our convenient system is here to make it swift and straightforward. With three different ways to list your products on our marketplace, you’ll have stock ready in your OnBuy store in no time:
- Create products manually using our helpful Product Wizard
- Use our handy template to add your data – you can ask for assistance from our Product team
- Upload your products using a channel integration
Top tips for selling on OnBuy
- Set the main image on your listing as a photo of the product on a white background without packaging to ensure it’s eligible for external marketing – this will increase the visibility of your product to an even wider audience of shoppers!
- Use high-quality images to present your product in the most attractive way to buyers
- Avoid using images containing other products not included in the listing as this can mislead customers
- OnBuy works on a catalogue system where multiple sellers can list on a single product, so avoid any references to shipping, seller-specific freebies and warranties
- Take extra care with quantities, measurements and volumes to ensure there’ll be no surprises for customers upon delivery!
- You can claim your brand through the OnBuy Brand Ownership feature to prevent other sellers from listing on your products – just fill out a form through the Seller Control Panel when you’re signed up for our brilliant Seller Management team to review!
- You’ll need to list your products with a barcode (our team can assist with this) unless you’re listing in an exempt category, such as jewellery
- We have a secure messaging system that allows buyers and sellers to communicate safely through the OnBuy platform
- Should you have any issues with customers, our Seller Support team are on hand to advise on the best way to handle any situations.
- Our partnership with PayPal offers protection for sellers and buyers alike, so any issues can be handled via their trusted dispute system