There is little sign that the pandemic will be leaving us this winter and with the new England wide lock down currently underway with one in Wales just ended, eBay are once again ramping up their support for impacted businesses. Acknowledging that many will operate from temporarily shuttered high street retail premises and others will simply have no demand for their products in a lock down, eBay will give you an eBay Shop Subs refund if you’ve had to close your online operations in November.
This is one of the steps eBay first rolled out back in March during the first national lock down and has been brought back for those being impacted this time.
When will eBay Shop Subs refund kick in?
- If you enabled your Time Away settings and hid all fixed price listings for 21 days or more between the 5th and 25th of November, eBay will credit you with that month’s Shop subscription.
- If you enable your Time Away settings and hide all fixed price listings for 10 days or more between the 5th and 25th of November, but not the full period, eBay will credit you with 50% of the month’s subscription.
How to opt in to the eBay Shop Subs refund
In general terms the eBay Shop Subs refund is available to invited sellers registered on eBay UK who had an eBay shop subscription on the 5th of November 2020.
- Accept the invitation to opt-in any time from today until 25 November to get your subscription refund for November.
- Enable your Time Away settings and hide all fixed-price listings. If you’ve already enabled your Time Away settings and hidden your
- Receive your refund back to your account – see the Terms and Conditions for full details.
When will the eBay Shop Subs refund be processed?
- If you receive your eBay invoice at the end of each month: Any credit for this shop subscription will appear in your invoice dated the 30th of November.
- If you receive your eBay invoice in the middle of each month: Any credit for this shop subscription will appear in your invoice dated the 15th of December.