BigCommerce have announced a new integration with Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) that allows BigCommerce U.S. merchants to more easily fulfill their ecommerce orders using Amazon’s order fulfillment services whether they sell on Amazon or not.
“Adding Amazon MCF to our best-in-class tech partner portfolio brings tremendous value to our merchants by strengthening their omnichannel strategy to enhance their competitive edge and deliver a superior online shopping experience at every touchpoint. Convenience and fast shipping expectations have become the holy grail of the online shopper with demand forecasting becoming harder to control. Amazon MCF will help our merchants to better plan, purchase and fulfill in a much more efficient way than they’ve ever been able to do before.”
– Sharon Gee, general manager of Omnichannel, BigCommerce
With Amazon Multi-Channel Fulfillment, BigCommerce merchants have access to Amazon’s world-class fulfillment network, operational expertise, fast ship speeds and lower fulfillment costs with competitive rates and scalable capacity. Key benefits include:
- Fast shipping: Merchants can now fulfill orders seven days a week including 1-day, 2-day and 3-5 business day delivery.
- Upfront delivery promises: To improve sales conversion, merchants can display delivery promises at checkout providing customers with insight into when they will receive their order.
- Competitive pricing: With MCF, merchants only pay for fulfillment and storage with no peak surcharges. Fulfillment fees are fully inclusive of pick, pack and ship.
- Simplified operations: Automatic inventory placement gives merchants the power to get products closer to customers and scale to meet seasonal spikes without increasing fixed costs.
- Customized shipping price rules: Merchants have full control over the cost of shipping for customers, and are able to replace the Amazon rate with flat rate or free shipping options (e.g., Free shipping on orders over $49).
- Fully trackable orders: To keep customers informed at every stage of shipping, merchants are able to easily share shipment confirmation and tracking details for any carrier.