Whistl has been added to the list of Amazon integrated carriers. With this integration, Amazon say that they are improving the customer’s ability to track their packages and help you reduce buyer contacts, order defects, lost order costs, and protect you from A-to-z Guarantee claims.
If you are using Whistl for your Merchant-Fulfilled orders, you must provide valid tracking IDs by selecting ‘Whistl’ from the Amazon integrated carriers drop down on the shipment confirm page on Seller Central.
Amazon integrated carriers
The full list of Amazon integrated carriers now include: Amazon Shipping, APC, Arrow XL, DHL Parcel UK, DPD, DX FREIGHT, GLS, Hermes, Parcelforce, Royal Mail, TNT, UPS, Whistl, Yodel
Whistl will impact your VTR from 3rd April
To give you time to ensure you can add tracking numbers, Amazon have included a 2-month grace period, from the implementation date of the 3rd of February, to the 3rd of April 2022. During this grace period, you can select Whistl to add tracking information. However, it will not impact your VTR (Valid Tracking Rate) or program eligibility.
To meet the VTR requirements, you need:
- The name of the shipping service provider used for all merchant-fulfilled orders; and
- The tracking ID for merchant-fulfilled orders that are delivered with a tracked delivery method/shipping service or the unique parcel ID.
- Ensure that you enter the above information as soon as you hand over your package to the delivery service provider, as tracking information normally takes up to 72 hrs for the Valid Tracking Rate report and metric to reflect the changes. Providing tracking numbers post-delivery will be counted as a Valid Tracking Rate defect.
VTR Policy Requirements
Sellers must maintain a VTR greater than or equal to 95% at a product category level. VTR below 95% in a product category may result in:
- Restrictions on your ability to sell seller-fulfilled items within that category or categories, without affecting your seller-fulfilled offers in product categories that meet the VTR requirements, nor will these restrictions affect your FBA offers.
- Negative impacts to your eligibility to participate in premium shipping and guaranteed delivery.