Meta are to expand Meta Verified to businesses on Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp, this October, they have started to test Meta Verified for businesses on Instagram and Facebook in New Zealand.
Meta Verified for creators was introduced earlier this year, as a subscription bundle to help creators more easily establish their presence on Instagram and Facebook and Meta Verified for Businesses builds on this.
The aim is to help businesses more easily stand out on Meta apps and build confidence with their customers, including letting their customers know they’re chatting with the right business. Businesses can choose whether they’d like to subscribe for one subscription on a single app, or a bundled subscription across Instagram and Facebook, and in the future WhatsApp. With a monthly subscription, businesses will gain access to a toolkit for their subscribed
Facebook page, Instagram professional account or WhatsApp phone number that includes:
- A verified badge confirming your business is validated and authentic¹
- Proactive impersonation monitoring for added brand protection
- Access to support and help troubleshooting account issues²
- New ways to be discovered:
- On Instagram and Facebook, subscribers will be featured as a Meta Verified business, including appearing at or near the top of search results and as a recommended verified business to follow in feed.³
- WhatsApp business subscribers will receive additional premium features including the ability to create a custom WhatsApp page that is easily discoverable via a web search, and multi-device with chat assignment support so multiple employees can respond to customers.
A Meta Verified business subscription complements the existing free and paid tools available to businesses on our apps today. We’re starting with subscription features that help small businesses achieve what they want most on the platform: to establish their brand and be discovered by new customers. As we learn from initial testing, we’ll continue to evolve our business offerings to add more value for businesses of all sizes, such as more tools for people to easily discover and engage with verified businesses on our apps– Meta
Meta Verified for businesses cost will start at $21.99 USD/month per Facebook page or Instagram account, or $34.99 USD/month for both. WhatsApp pricing is yet to be released and will be tested wtih small businesses first.