Checkout is one of the most valuable parts of a merchant’s online presence and determines whether a sale is made or lost, yet merchants have never had full control over its design or functionality due to the added complexity that accompanies the experience. An out-of-the-box solution works for some but others require something truly bespoke, and we want to make sure merchants and developers have all the robust tools they need to create unique, high-performing checkout experiences.
– Jimmy Duvall, chief product officer at BigCommerce
Specifically, the new features help merchants change the front end of the checkout, and include:
- Custom checkout capabilities: Developers can now add custom features to the checkout page of stores, such as alternative one-page checkout solutions and streamlined checkout flows.
- Customisation of every pixel: Brands and ecommerce agencies can define every pixel of the checkout experience, without any constraints over the presentation layer or customer experience, providing customers a cohesive experience throughout their entire purchase journey.
- Business logic management: The Checkout SDK handles all of the complex business logic powering an ecommerce checkout, enabling merchants to focus on creating a look, feel and shopper experience that matches the company’s brand vision rather than worry about the heavy lifting.
- Automatic feature updates: With customizable solutions built on top of the Checkout SDK, merchants need not worry about ensuring that their checkout remains up-to-date. All new BigCommerce checkout features and payment gateways will be added to the SDK, making it easy for merchants to update their custom checkout with the most current feature set.