Shopify POS Go is launching in the UK and Ireland. As an all-in-one Point of Sale (POS) mobile selling device, it enables retailers of any size to deliver new in-person shopping experiences and seamlessly close sales anywhere within their brick-and-mortar stores, all across the country.
POS Go gives retailers everything they need out of the box by providing them with the power to sell in person backed by the power to sell online. POS Go also builds on the success of Shopify POS: Shopify POS merchants with over 20 locations saw their Q2 GMV grow over 120% year-on-year, with more than 70% of their GMV coming through Shopify Payments.
Commerce is happening all around us—online, offline, and everywhere in between—so it’s vital to continue powering growth in all areas. The most innovative brands in the world, like Gymshark, Huel and Ooni, build their businesses on Shopify. We’re choosing to launch POS Go in the UK to help all our merchants, big or small, meet consumers wherever they are and however they want to shop—from counter to kerb.– Deann Evans, Managing Director, EMEA at Shopify
Using POS Go merchants can:
- Close a sale anywhere:
- A built-in barcode scanner lets merchants start checkouts anywhere in store.
- Through Shopify POS, retailers can view detailed product information, customer notes and purchase history to level-up the in-store experience.
- Merchants can also build carts in store and email them to customers to complete later.
- Take payments confidently:
- Merchants can accept tap, swipe, and chip cards through a built-in, fully integrated card reader.
- Wi-Fi and Shopify Payments keeps every transaction smooth and secure.
- Stay on top of their business everywhere:
- Because Shopify gives merchants a unified view of their business, they can see sales, analytics, and inventory on POS Go from every channel.
- If they make an update in the Shopify admin, everything automatically syncs across their business.
One merchant who is part of the early access program for POS Go is David Franks of Kick Game:
In just a small amount of time, we’ve already experienced the benefits of POS Go. Thanks to its agility, POS Go has boosted our productivity and enabled us to directly engage with customers so we can create more personal and exclusive shopping experiences. For instance, our staff can now easily check product availability across stores, view customer purchase history, and access detailed product information.– David Franks, Co-Founder and CTO, Kick Game
Another merchant is Namor Walker, Head of Digital Operations at Victoria Beckham:
The POS Go device is truly transformative for our retail experience. Clienteling has enhanced significantly and become frictionless with the integration of the payment device and the POS. Our retail team and our customers have been impressed and enjoyed using the device – it has become pivotal to our retail sales channels.– Namor Walker, Head of Digital Operations, Victoria Beckham