Nikhil Raj is Vice President of Retail Media Business at Moloco with extensive experience of strategic and operational planning with retailers and marketplaces to build lasting ads businesses, as well as deep industry ties. This includes starting Walmart’s retail media business (WMX at that time), which reached $2.7B in FY23. Additionally, he built and led the customer acquisition team that grew Walmart eComm GMV 3X in four years.
We caught up with Nikhil to talk all things Retail Media, focussing on strategies, optimisation and a preview of what to expect in 2024.
In this video:
- 00:00 Nikhi’s Retail Media learnings from Walmart & Bain & Co
- 02:46 How do marketplace prepare for Q4 and how does this impact retailers
- 04:55 How to balance webstore, marketplace and Retail Media strategies
- 07:33 Optimising Retail Media and Marketplace Ads
- 11:40 Retail Media predictions for 2024 – Performance, Data, & bringing your business in house