Amazon glitch sends phoney gift email to users

No primary category set

According to reports an Amazon glitch has meant that an unspecified number of users were sent erroneous emails to tell them that they had received a gift via Amazon. Amazon has confirmed that an unspecified number of users have received such an email that confused a number of people on social media.

Perhaps most amusingly, and it has certainly been lampooned on Twitter, the email in question showed a picture of a crawling baby and cheerfully informed them that they had received a contribution to their baby gift registry. And reporter for the Washington Post Karen Tumulty was one person who received the email.

Amazon has admitted the erroneous email was sent but hasn’t said what caused the problem or indeed indicated how many people were impacted. It’s certainly testament to the scale of Amazon that it can have what seems like a relatively minor cock-up and still manage to catch the eyes of the mainstream media.

There is also the fact that Amazon so very seldom puts a foot wrong on tech that even such a minor indiscretion is worthy of note. Did you receive the email?

One Response

  1. How can people say Amazon rarely put a foot wrong.
    I called them 12 weeks ago and asked why i have some items all at the same price and all at the same weight all listed on a shipping template of £1.99 shipping.
    Yet 75% are at £1.99 and the other 25% are at spurious amounts ranging from £1.24 to £1.76. No one can help me when i telephone and weekly i get a message saying we are dealing with you issue.

    No wonder i cannot understand their shipping system as they seem to not understand it either.

RELATED POSTS..

New Amazon Vouchers pricing requirement

New Amazon Vouchers pricing requirement

How Absolute Collagen grew to a £23m business

How Absolute Collagen grew to a £23m business

Amazon Ships in Product Packaging sign up

Amazon Ships in Product Packaging sign up

Hardly Ever Worn It Amazon Luxury resale collaboration

Hardly Ever Worn It Amazon Luxury resale collaboration

Amazon Disbursements held due to unmet UK business establishment requirements unfreeze disbursements says Minister

Enterprise minister tells Amazon unfreeze disbursements

ChannelX Guide...

Featured in this article from the ChannelX Guide – companies that can help you grow and manage your business.

Latest

Take a look through a selection of the latest articles on ChannelX

Register for Newsletter

Receive 5 newsletters per week

Gain access to all research

Be notified of upcoming events and webinars