MediaMarkt a German multinational chain of consumer electronics stores with a European footprint of over 1,000 stores, is about to launch the MediaMarkt marketplace. The MediaMarkt marketplace gives sellers the opportunity to offer their product range on mediamarkt.de and to take advantage of one of the strongest brands and millions of visitors.
Costs are a monthly basic fee of €39, and a commission depending on the product range for every sale made via the MediaMarkt Marketplace. Sellers will be responsible for shipping as there are no fulfilment options offered and you can expect remittances 21 days after the customer payment is verified.
There are several options for connecting to mediamarkt.de to choose from: maintenance via the back office, CSV file, Excel template and a complete connection via an API interface. There are also a growing number of third party multichannel management partners (Plentymarkets, effectconnect and channelengine), so you may well be able to use the tools you’re already familiar with.
The Media Markt marketplace will launch in Germany, Austria and Spain with the Netherlands being the next target territory. German retailers can already sign up to sell on the MediaMarkt Marketplace which is currently in beta. The marketplace will be open to European sellers meeting the following criteria:
- You are based in the EU
- You have a commercial and tax registration within the EU
- You have a bank account within the EU
- You operate your own logistics network or use that of a service provider to deliver directly to end customers
- You send from a warehouse within the EU and receive returns there
- You can offer end customers a German-speaking customer service that is very easy to reach
- Your products all have an EAN
- You can meet MediaMarkt requirements for product descriptions
If you are interested in selling on MediaMarkt you can sign up here so long as you meet the above criteria.