With the launch of Fulfilled By TikTok (FBT) today, we speak to Sach of @Nature Spell who were on the early access programme. However, from today, every business selling on TikTok can join the Fulfilled By TikTok programme.
Many will be familiar with fulfilment programmes from other platforms, and yes in many ways FBT is similar. What Sach reveals is that, as a primarily manufacturing business, how the sheer volume of sales that TikTok generate created a dispatch nightmare which resulted in them working three shifts a day just to cope with order volumes.
Starting out on TikTok with a couple of sales a day, Sach explained that they soon scaled to 2,000 orders a day, then 5,000, then 7 and 8,000 a day until they quickly hit 9,000 orders a day. And, with some products shipping in glass bottles, even the volume of packaging materials needed started to become a major issue.
Fulfilment by TikTok solved their logistics challenges, freeing them to focus on manufacturing. And, when they started to offer bundles of popular products, FBT offered virtual stock bundling.
Watch the interview to discover:
- 00:00 How Nature’s Spell got started in manufacturing
- 02:18 Getting started on TikTok Shop
- 04:43 Scaling on TikTok to 7k, 8k, 9k orders a day
- 06:07 Fulfilled By TikTok (FBT) launch – What can retailers expect?
- 10:06 How FBT enabled Nature Spell to focus on manufacturing, not logistics
- 11:17 How Nature Spell plan to grow with FBT
- 12:36 Virtual stock bundling with FBT