With Q4 starting to ramp up, today we talk to Ray Nolan, CEO of eDesk, to explore the use of Generative AI for ecommerce help desks, what you can rely on AI to do and, perhaps just as important, when not to deploy AI.
Ray argues that most help desk staff spend the majority of their day answering questions which require very little skill and can be easily handled by Generative AI, such as the eternal WISMO (Where is my order) queries that every ecommerce business is inundated with. Handing these questions off to AI enables more effective use of staff to deal with the business specific questions and the vital pre-sales questions without having to deal with logistics issues.
Watch the video to discover just how much of your support can benefit from Generative AI, why it is immensely impressive for cross border trade, why AI once offered to send a customer a new car and how to ensure it doesn’t make similar promises for your business!
In this video you will find:
- 00:00 Introducing Ray Nolan, CEO of eDesk
- 02:16 How an ecommerce help desk solution can streamline multichannel customer support
- 04:51 How Generative AI is categorising tickets to streamline customer support
- 06:45 How AI can enable bi-directional translation for cross border support
- 08:35 The difference between Google Translate and Generative AI translation
- 08:58 When to use automatic answering with Generative AI and when to have human interaction
- 10:34 Creating content vs customer support with AI
- 11:52 Beware! AI can go wrong and promise your customer a new car!
- 13:46 How to use AI, but still respond in your house style language
- 15:38 Will AI ever replace all your help desk staff?
- 18:19 When to go hands free AI and when to have human intervention
- 20:32 How to migrate to Generative AI customer support